Saturday, May 28, 2011

Slideshare may not be safe

Recently, I released a presentation 50 Sites in 60 Minutes ver 2 on slideshare. It seems that some "adult" ads have been placed at the end of the presentation and in the related content pane on slideshare itself.

I highly recommend not using it until further notice as I attempt to have slideshare resolve the issue. If this can not be fixed and is an auto-generated thing on their part, I will sadly have to look for other alternate sites as this is not appropriate for educational use.

Thanks again for your understanding and any inconvenience!!

4 comments:

  1. You might want to try box.net. Here is one of my PP's on it:
    http://www.box.net/shared/4mi3ioicpo
    Awesome presentation, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,

    Sorry that inappropriate content was displaying next to your presentation.

    I have both our content team and our engineering team looking into this right now. I'll post an update once I have a better sense of what's going on, and what we can do about it.

    Regards,
    -Jonathan Boutelle
    CTO, SlideShare

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed that you now need a subscription to generate "secret" links. Try Sliderocket?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jonathan Boutelle, SlideShare Cofounder & CTO, says: "We're looking at it right now. Should have an immediate fix in place in the next hour or so." --- http://twitter.com/#!/jboutelle/status/74703999433056256

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment and reading my blog!!